2019 Redeemer Fall Retreat: Draw Near
Dates & Times
Oct 18-20, 20194:00pm - 2:00pm
Baby/Toddler (Ages 0-2)Free
Kids (Ages 3-17)$60
Adult (Ages 18 and up)$200
Our annual Fall Retreat is a time for our church family to grow closer together as we gather in the redwoods, pray together, and learn how to better draw near to God.
We have redesigned the time to include a new Friday evening BBQ Party, lots more free time, and optional Morning and Evening Prayer. Join us for this spiritually and physically rejuvenating time.
Draw Near: “Draw near with confidence before the throne of grace,” Hebrews 4:16a. As Christians, our primary task in the world is to open ourselves up to God and draw near to him. But this can be easier said than done! At this year’s Fall Retreat we will learn some key practices to help us along the way. We’ll also have time to engage in these practices under the expert guidance of our retreat speaker Courtney Towery.
This year’s speaker is our very own Courtney Towery! Courtney earned her Master’s degree in Spiritual Formation and Soul Care from Talbot Theological Seminary. She is a gifted spiritual director, and has worked with such organizations as Talbot Seminary and Via Vitera. We are thrilled Courtney is guiding us through our weekend retreat!
- BA in Worship & Music Studies, Bible Minor, from Cedarville University in OH
- MA in Spiritual Formation & Soul Care from Talbot Seminary, Biola University, in LA
- 10 yrs. married to Nathan Towery
- Three children: Natalie, Jude & Joshua
- Participated in missions work in the US, India, Afghanistan, Bolivia, and Mexico
- Been a spiritual director since 2006
- Taught as an adjunct professor for Talbot Seminary's Spiritual Formation Focus
- Serves as a supervisor to spiritual directors
- Works for Nuos Formation in a spiritual direction training program
The Fall Retreat is just as much about Spiritual Formation for our kids as it is for the adults. While the adults have sessions with Courtney Towery, the kids will have their own programming exploring the same themes.
Imagine the picture of Jesus with a large crowd and a child sitting on his lap. Perhaps a few seconds after talking with the disciple about letting the children come to him, Jesus turned to the child and talked with him or her. He smiled and asked the child about his day: Was he afraid at night? Was he having trouble at Temple? Was he obeying his mom and dad? The youngster talks with Jesus. From that day on that little person never forgets the time he sat in the Shepherd’s lap and… talked.
During the retreat, the children will explore these formative prayers in age appropriate ways:
- Prayer of Presence – Being aware of Jesus throughout the day.
- Prayer of Honesty – Experiencing God as someone who is trustworthy to share all of ourselves; Good, Bad, Sad, or Mad, we can share it with Christ Jesus.
- Prayer of Recollection – Experiencing God as a loving Father.
- Prayer of Discernment – Teaching us to hear the Shepherd’s voice through the Holy Spirit
There will be plenty of free time during our time at Camp Koinonia, and many activities are available, including:
- Pool Swimming
- Ropes Course
- Zip Line
- Outdoor Laser Tag
- Field Games
We want everyone to be able to come, so we have scholarships available! Connect with Fr. Rob or Alyssa for scholarship info. We’ll make sure you can come!
Register before Saturday, September 14 to save money!